Saturday, February 14, 2009

WINTER SNOW, SUMMER QUILTS





It just keeps coming down, almost 23 inches of snow this week. I live on the mountainside, but still. I have spent a lot of time shoveling snow. Meanwhile, Janice is in Florida basking in the 80 degree weather. I never minded the snow, in fact I really wanted it when I was vacationing for a week out here. Thought I would take a couple more pictures to show you.












It is white outside, but color is bursting inside. I brought home some AnnaMaria Horner Garden Pary fabric a couple of weeks ago. I just loved it, but just wasnt sure what to do with it. Finally and idea. I start with this stripe,
then some gathering, blocks and so on. It is about half way done and I really like the way it is shaping up.
It should be finished in a day or two. Can't Wait!


Meanwhile Janice has been busy making a couple of Abbey Bags. One of our Favorites "Buggy Barn Quilts" has declared 2009 the Year of the Pin Cushion. They asked us for a sample of the Abbey Bag (pin cushion and scrap bag) to put in their store. We are so excited. We love all their patterns.




We received an email this week asking if we had pictures of the inside of the Bungalow Bag. This has been a great bag to make. Pick a large print and get four coordinating fabrics. We added a great button also. Make it your own. This pattern, the Abbey Bag, and all our quilts are available on our website, http://www.abbeylanequilts.com/
Have a great week. Janice and Marcea



1 comment:

Darlene said...

The Bungalow Bag is a great bag. I just got finished making one of these today. Love it and my friends do too!!