Monday, December 14, 2009

THE WINNERS ARE!!!


























I have forgotten which country it is that serves dessert as the first course of the meal.  I for one, would like to know.  I am considering starting a new tradition next year.  For now, however, it will be as it always is, dessert last, so, before we get to the winners, we would like to say thank you.

Your response to our little giveaway was overwhelming.  We read every comment, visited every blog.  You are all amazing.  For our new followers, a big thanks, and we will try to make sure we have lots of ideas and fun for you to read about.  We had ladies in over 30 countries comment, I guess it is time I figure out that Google translator.  I am continuously in awe of the the power of the internet.  What good we can all do with it.

Ok, ok, I have jabbered long enough.  The overwhelming response gave us an idea.  We decided to add a couple more prizes.  Yes, we will have the two Moda Christmas Layer Cakes, but we are also throwing in two of the Table Toppers.  We used the True Random Generator something to pick the winners.

THE WINNERS ARE.....

BONNIE  - wins Table Topper #2

JANE'S FABRIC AND QUILTS - wins Table Topper #1

DONIA - wins The Kansas Winter Layer Cake Bundle

FIESTA - wins the Frosted Memories Layer Cake Bundle


Christmas is edging ever closer.  I was forced inside this weekend, with over 20 inches of snow.  I was able to get some christmas decorations up.  I want to invite you all over to eat cookies and look at the decorations.  Ok, I have a couple of pictures and a couple of recipes.  First, the pictures.

The welcoming wreath.


Santa and his elves have been busy.


























This is my favorite tree. 

I am including one of my favorite cookie recipes.  Just to give a little credence to the recipe, I used to own a cookie business called "Katie's Kookies."  These cookies were from my grandma''s recipe collection.  As a little girl, my Aunt Laura used to make me a plate of my own sugar cookies for Christmas every year.  They just happen to be Janice's favortie cookie too.  Until I moved, I made a plate just for Janice every Christmas.




Again, thanks to all who have joined us.  Have a great week. 

Janice and Marcea

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I had an uncle who always ate dessert first just in case he had no room left at the end of the meal. I think I like that idea.

Larisa said...

Congrats to all winners. They are really lucky to win these gifts )))))

Doina said...

I am very lucky! Thank you very much for this wonderful gift!

Ukka said...

Congrats everyone :)

Crystal Hendrix said...

Thanks for the recipe I will have to try it out!

Unknown said...

Your tree is amazing. I love it, cheery yet snowy. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays!! Congrats to your winners!!

Carla said...

What a beautiful tree. I always love to look at others trees. Thanks for the recipe!

Patty said...

I went to a company Christmas Dinner last night and the desert was on the table when we sat down. It was rather odd but at least we knew what to leave room for.

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Zirakpur Tourism
Visit Zirakpur
Fun Zone Zirakpur
True Caller Zirakpur
Charges in Zirakpur
Booking in Zirakpur